Seneca College Residence is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our clients, customers, students, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors, and other stakeholders who enter our premises and access our information. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), Customer Service Standard, and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation for Information and Communications, Employment, and Transportation.
Approximately 1.85 million Ontarians lives with a disability, and as the population grows older, this number will also increase. Our organization has made a commitment to accessibility for everyone who uses our services because this makes good business sense, and it is also a legal obligation. Seneca College Residence has an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance with accessibility legislation by incorporating policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training for employees, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices on a regular basis. Our commitment to making our organization accessible to everyone includes the integration of accessibility legislation with our policies, procedures, programs, and training. We are committed to reviewing and incorporating the following information with our employees:
- Legislation regarding the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- Integrated Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications and Employment.
- Accessible employment practices such as recruitment, assessment, and selection.
- Developing emergency response plans and individual workplace accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- Customer service standards.
- Accessible communication supports and information formats (both digital and non-digital).
- Communicating with people with various forms of disabilities.
- Accessible websites and web content.
- Assistive devices, mobility aids, service animals and support persons.
- Notices of service disruptions (temporary or long-term).
- Seneca College Residences’ relevant policies and procedures regarding accessibility.
- Reporting and Training procedures.
Seneca College Residence realizes that providing accessible and barrier-free environments for everyone is a shared effort. As a community, all businesses and services must work together to make accessibility happen. For more detailed information on our accessibility policies, plans, and training programs, please contact us at email@example.com.